The Hardy Oatmeal Bread is the one of the healthiest bread you can make for the breakfast.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour — unbleached
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour — stone-ground
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Pour 2 cups hot water over oatmeal. Set aside. Mix brown sugar into 2/3 cup warm water and add yeast to proof.
- When yeast has foamed & frothed to about twice the original volume, add to oatmeal mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients. Knead well. Let rise until doubled. Punch down shape into loaves and let rise again.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Makes 2-3 loaves.
If you have any doubts feel free to contact us here.